May 26, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...today!

I love collecting!  My sissies, Sheryl, Janet, and Patty, and I often wonder if there's some gene that causes collecting, or was there some set of environmental conditions that causes the compulsion to collect?  We're not sure, but all four of us "girls" collect!  Whatever happened in my family only affected the female DNA because my brother, Eric, does not collect...at all!  All 5 of us siblings stay in touch via e-mail - we call it "Sib Talk" so one day on Sib-Talk, we got on the subject of collecting and the 4 of us avid collectors decided to list all the collections we had ~ maybe sibling rivalry, but mostly just silly and fun.  I'm not sure who even won...all the lists were pretty long!  So what do we do with all these collections?  Usually my collections are grouped together, but some are strategically scattered throughout my house.  If I don't display an item, I don't keep it, unless it's a family heirloom or something sentimental.   Once an item has been in my house, it's always a little hard to see it go, but I'm not a hoarder, so if I can't use it, off it goes to Down Home for someone else to get excited about!  I've been asked what my favorite collection is and I really can't narrow it down to one or two - I love all my stuff!!!  So, I thought from time to time, I'd show you some of the things in my collection - These are a few of my favorite things...today!

Our corkscrew collection!  Yes, we love wine!
The newest addition to my elephant collection ~ A Mother's Day Present!

I love collecting old Bibles!
My Staghorn Utensil Collection! 

Our Bottle Corker Collection!  Yes...we love wine!!!

My raggedy little bear!  He was loved to pieces!

The cutest little red baby shoes! 

I love my 19th century clock face from old Sturbridge Village!

My early rocking horse ~ My grandson loves it's mohawk!
Part of my Eagle collection ~ a cast iron Case Threshing Machine Co. Eagle!


Some vintage readers!  My husband is Don and I'm Peggy ~ what are the odds!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment