May 17, 2011

Pickin' in New England!!!

It's so great to be home from a buying trip in Brimfield, MA and I'm so excited to get our container in next week!  We were blessed with sunny, blue skies and most days I could peel off at least two of my four layers of clothing. I can be a wimp when it comes to the cold - that New England chill is too cold for my Southern California blood, but it was perfect shopping weather!  And, we definitely shopped!

Where to Start?!
So, we took the redeye and by 10 a.m., I was shopping and I didn't stop for 5 days!  I love my job!  Some would argue that we were on vacation, but it's alot of hard work!  We're up in the dark and not back to the hotel until after dark. 

Starting to Pack up the Container

 
And Still Packing!
It's alot of freezing in the morning, walking and lifting and packing and....ok, alot of fun too ~ what girl doesn't love to shop all day!!!  Hey, there's no crime in loving your job!!!!  Of course, I'm always on the hunt for those special one of a kind pieces.  I found some wonderful early treasures that I'm so excited to bring in the store ~  Some wonderful textiles including quilts and rugs; lots of woodsy pieces; several early wood and tin signs; some great folky pieces, all sorts of 19th century smalls, and of course some early furniture pieces!



I think my favorite piece is a wooden Eagle weathervane or maybe a folk painted trunk from Vermont!  I'll have a hard time parting with both of them!  People always ask me how I part with things, and I tell them "Believe me, I keep my fair share." But, I love bringing in great pieces for my customers to get excited about too!
The Container's Getting Full!
xo ~ Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment