July 27, 2011

My Weekly Down Home Dazzlers!!!

I'm addicted to Antiques and when I'm not in my store, I can be found in some other antique store, at a flea market or show!!!!  Last weekend I found a few fun pieces that I'd love to dazzle you with.

I love antique toys and I collect some for my own collection, and of course to bring in the store for other people to get excited about!  We get pull toy horses in the store on occasion, but we hardley ever get cows. I found this one and was happy to bring it into Down Home!


I found this stenciled tin document box.  It's in great condition and a more unusual size than most!


I almost kept this bank, mostly because my grandbabies would love it - they love playing with my antique toys.  I have a teeter totter toy with a little boy and girl on a teeter totter and they click click click down a pole and when they get to the bottom, you turn it over and the whole teeter totter swivels around to an upright position and they teeter totter back down. My little guys love it and want to play with it every time they're over.  They love my antique jack in the box to and my mechanical elephant bank too.  I'm sure they'd love to put a penny in this little guy's hand and watch him put it in the slot which in turn makes his head nod.  He's a Tammany bank and was made in 1875 - so fun!


Abraham Lincoln is always a favorite among our customers so when I find anything having to do with Abe, I usually buy it.  This book is dated 1896 and has a great cover - excellent condition!!!


I love this old bus/trolley coin collector - I think it's just fun and would make a great conversation piece.  It has a patent date of 1914 and I love the hand painted  "fare 15 cents" added to the top!


I just brought this vintage bike in the store today!  I sold two other vintage bikes last week - vintage bikes are very collectible these days!  This one is a Roadmaster Junior from the 50's.  I think it would make a cute display or fun in a garden!  Plus, it's red!!!!


I had to show off my pretty Black Eyed Susan Vine in my wine barrel out front - we're managing to keep it alive in the summer heat!!! 

New things are coming in everyday at Down Home, so stop on in and see us and our "dazzlers!"

xo ~ Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment