May 28, 2012

Sunday

I love animals, and when our kids were at home, we had lots of animals.  We had horses,  goats,  llamas, a pig, dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs, mice, snakes, fish, a tortoise, and birds.  Well, the kids all got married and moved away, and we were down to one animal...my cat, Liberty. 



Liberty's easy and when we're gone on buying trips, she roams freely around the house, has plenty of food and water, and is totally fine for a couple of days. Our daughters come by to check on her from time to time, and she's fine! I know it makes perfect sense to stick to one animal, but I've been longing for another one.  I've been wanting a dog, but that's totally out of the question...right now.  They're too deserving of time and attention and with the store and going on trips, we just couldn't devote much time to a dog.  So, then I've been thinking about a bunny.   I told my daughters I wanted to get another French Lop Bunny like we had years ago.  I love those big loveable bunnies with their floppy ears.  I even looked on line one day - they're not the easiest to find, but I figured I'd keep looking.  Maybe I would have some luck at the Orange County Fair or the Pet Expo. 

So, jump ahead a few weeks to Mother's Day.  My kids and grandkids said we were going to dinner, but before we left they wanted to open presents.  Tessa had just done a photo shoot with my grandkids and I was certain I'd thrown out enough hints saying I wanted framed copies of the photos.  Well, certain that's what was in the box, I almost fainted when I opened the box and saw a beautiful gray French Lop Bunny!!!!  She's soooo cute!  I was so excited and shocked they had remembered I'd mentioned that!  My daughters are so sneaky.  They didn't even let Don in on the secret, for fear he'd say no - they clinged to the addage, "It's better to ask for forgiveness, than for permission!"  So we have a bunny!  Everyone, meet Sunday!





I called her Sunday because I got her on Mother's Day Sunday, and I love the Lionel Ritchie song, "Easy like Sunday morning." I like to call her "Sunny Bunny."  I'm working on getting her potty trained to a litter box - she's doing really well!  She looks so cute hopping around the house! She fits right in to my country decorating! Thank you to my kids and grandkids!!!!  I adore each and every one of them!!!


All Four of Our Beautiful Grandkids with Don & I on Mother's Day!
I have the most wonderful family! And speaking of the family, welcome to the family Sunday!!!  Now, if I get a male, we can have baby bunnies!  How fun would that be????

No comments:

Post a Comment