August 18, 2011

Meet the Dealers of Down Home ~ Margaret and Monte

Our dealers at Down Home are the best ever!!!  I'm so blessed to have each and every one of them. Some have been with us since we first opened in Old Towne Orange in 1999.  Some are new to us this year!  I love how hard they work to bring the best in authentic early American antiques to Down Home.  Each one has their own niche, their own look, and their own specialty!  I'd like you to meet them and get to know a bit about them!


So, meet Margaret and Monte Helme, Dealers #12! 

Margaret & Monte

1.) Q   How did you get started in the antique business?
     A   My twin sister was a dealer in Sacramento and since
          I loved to collect and antique, she convinced me to
          be a dealer too. 

2.) Q  What do you specialize in?
     A  I love sewing, especially making pillows from vintage
         and antique fabrics.

3.) Q  What is you favorite collection?
     A  I have had many collections over the years but as of
         right now, I love looking for Teddy Roosevelt items,
         ruby flash glass, and antique quilts.  

4.) Q  What is your favorite piece?
     A  My Franciscan "Apple" pieces are some of my favorite
         things. My husband, who is always with me antiquing,
         loves collecting shot glasses and political items.

5.) Q   What do you like best about being a dealer?
     A   Looking for new things - traveling thru this country
          searching plus enjoying the travel. Getting to know so
          many nice dealers is great too!

6.) Q  What do you like best about being a dealer at Down Home?
     A  Down Home is wonderful!  Peggy and Don are the best
         owners ever!  The dealers here and the customers are great! 
         It is the very best mall to be a dealer in!


Thank you for those kind words, Margaret!! 

We are equally as fond of them and are so happy 
Margaret and Monte are part of our Down Home family!!!

Please come by Down Home and check out Space #12!!






Margaret's beautiful pillows made of vintage and antique fabric!


Monte always has plenty of political buttons for sale!

Margaret and Monte's Beautiful Space at Down Home!


xo, Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment